Burger of Roasted Vegetables
- 2 TBS olive oil
- ½ cup fresh grilled corn kernels (shaved off the cob)
- 8 button mushrooms (finely sliced)
- 1 scallion (finely sliced)
- 2 TBS red bell pepper (Fine diced)
- 2 TBS green pepper (Fine diced)
- 1 tsp jalapeño pepper (Fine diced)
- 1/4 garlic clove (Fine diced)
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1 small Yukon potato (peeled and grated)
- ½ cup chopped broccoli (blanched)
- ¼ cup Fava beans (blanched out of hull for 3 ½ minutes)
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- White pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 TBS Corn oil
- ¼ cup Wondra flour
- Place the olive oil into a large skillet over medium - high heat until hot.
- Stir in the mushrooms and peppers. Cook for 1 minute, add garlic, scallions, carrots and potatoes cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place the mixture into a mixing bowl then stir in grilled corn, broccoli, fava beans, Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper and Panko crumbs. Season to taste salt and pepper.
- Shape into round patties and dust the outside with Wondra flour.
- Place in the refrigerator to firm up (Can also be frozen until ready to cook)
- Place 2 TBS corn oil in a sauté pan heat over a medium heat until hot. Carefully place the patties into the pan cook for approximately 1-½ minutes or until lightly brown on the bottom. Turn the patties over then add the thyme sprigs place into a preheated 350 F oven for approximately 4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan blot on a paper towel. Serve immediately.
YIELD: 4 Servings
Serving suggestions: Can be served with Bulgur, mushroom couscous, and side salad or simply on a bun with ketchup, lettuce, tomato and fried potato straws.